Some of the dirtiest (and full of bacteria) are the products that we use all the time, especially those from the kitchen.
How to clean and disinfect the sink, countertops, wood chopper, trash, dish sponges and brushes? Keep on reading and find out. These are essential products in our kitchen and thus they need to be perfectly clean. This is important for our health and our environment.
We expect to have a clean kitchen because we are cooking food there… But did you know that there are numerous products full of bacteria, which many of us tend to miss?
It is very important that these products are cleaned and disinfected quite often.
Here are five of the kitchen accessories that require special attention:
– Sink: a solution of one cup of water, a few drops of dish soap and half a cup of alcohol. Spray liberally on the sink, then add baking soda; Leave on for 3-4 minutes. With an abrasive pad, thoroughly clean and rinse with hot water;
– Worktops: Use a disinfectant spray very well and then clean with a clean towel. For cleaning by the book, use a little baking soda;
– Wooden Cutting Boards: Apply coarse salt over the entire surface and add lemon juice. The acid acts as a disinfectant. Leave on for 5-10 minutes, and then rinse it thoroughly with hot water;
– Trash: Spray a disinfectant combined with baking soda and leave it for a few minutes. Finally uses hot water to thoroughly clean it and wipe with a clean towel;
– Dishwashing sponge: it should be cleaned more often (even once a day). Add half a cup of vinegar and half a cup of alcohol and one cup of water, then put the sponge in the mixture for at least 10 minutes. If the sponge is very dirty, you can wash before with dish soap.